- What is ISO 45001:2018?
ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System is an internationally recognized standard designed to help organizations set up processes and initiatives that minimize the risks to the safety of employees in the workplace. One of the most critical aspects of the standard is that it gives more focus on health than on safety, portraying it as a more proactive approach than reactive in overcoming any hazard in the workplace.
- Why do organizations need ISO 45001:2018?
One major concern of business enterprises is the obligation to ensure the safety of their employees in the workplace. Achieving a structured health and safety management system throughout the organization demonstrates the organization’s commitment to the welfare of its staff and external parties.
Who is this for?
ISO 45001:2018 is implemented by a wide variety of industries. It was developed with compatibility to ISO 9001 (QMS) and ISO 14001 (EMS) in order to facilitate the integration of quality, environmental, and occupational health and safety management systems by organizations, should they wish to do so.
- Provides a structured approach to managing occupational health and safety
- Establishes and maintains a commitment to occupational health and safety
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety excellence
- Builds organizational structures in place with clear roles and responsibilities
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement
- Promotes strong levels of trust and communication
- Reduces incident levels with increased measures of performance
- Contributes to business performance by reducing costs and liabilities
How can we help?
Consulting: Using the guidance provided in the International standards, ECCI helps organizations apply ISO 45001:2018 to make your work environment safer focusing on the employees and ensure best practices are being implemented.
Training: ECCI prepares practitioners and auditors to understand all the aspects of ISO 45001:2018.